Now, being 23 years old and finishing school within the next 4 months (PANIC!!!) means that I have entered the dreaded period where well-meaning relatives will undoubtedly ask when they visit, "So when are you going to get married?". *shivers*
I am hoping to escape notice due to the fact that
1) Both my elder sister and brother have not married yet
2) A large amount of second cousins (ie my cousins' children) are roughly in the same age group as me and hopefully will either provide enough weddings at regular intervals so that said relatives are too busy to bother with me or are more willing cannon fodder that will protect me from having to answer such questions
3) The fact that all mother's acquaintances do not have unmarried sons or nephews (ie no matchmaking opportunities)
Pheeewww...
Now, I suppose the next question to tackle is "Why the heck am I single?". My friends like to tell me that my standards for men (and for everything else in my life apparently) are too high or that I've never bothered looking. Dead wrong on the first; spot on for the latter. There's so much that I can say on these 2 subjects that I don't even know where to begin.
People think I have high standards because most of my social circle come from backgrounds that stress on academic performance and I'm good at studying. Sitting for exams is one of things I'm good at, and at this point my life probably the only thing I'm confident with. So I set relatively high standards for myself when it comes to academics. For everyone else this translates to having high standards for all areas of my life. It doesn't.
The second reason, however, is true. I've never seriously considered it. Why? A lot of reasons. None of them I want to get into right now.
Now the final question I suppose is whether I'm planning to score myself a
[It is also the Chinese New Year today! Hooray!]
No comments:
Post a Comment