Monday, March 15, 2010

This and That and Everything Else

I'm tempted to make up a statistic question somewhere along the lines of 'how many times does one have to be forced to learn basic statistics, before that person goes insane'? There's possibly 2 reasons why a person can go bonkers
i) Sheer boredom
ii) Because statistics is a sly conniving little thing that aims to confuse you with its tricks and turns and subtle assumptions
Also, why do people not know the difference between a one-tailed and two-tailed test? Whyyyyy?

I got an email from Jobstreet today alerting me about a certain company which is opening up applications for its 2011 Graduate Program. Due date for applications: April 2010. That's just  @.@
I suppose a person in my situation could technically apply, be interviewed and receive an offer or rejection by JUNE, and still have time to decide whether to screw up a certain interview for a certain company of which might or might not happen in JULY. Phewwww... Just a thought.

Speaking of July, I am now planless! I know for sure that I am going back home in July. Either early or mid-ish (depending the interviews). It looks as if I won't be travelling anywhere (Goodbye European dream!). In fact plans for the family to come to Australia for my graduation seem to be on hold due to "circumstances".  How uninspiring. This Easter break I shall make new plans that are more easily executable!!

Ummmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment