Thursday, September 16, 2010

RayaRaya

Wokeyh. In order of whatever pops into my heaed.

1. I went to a pasar tani for the first time in years! Ahaha... At which I realise that I could not be trusted to buy anything and thus willfully became the human trolley while my mom and sis went around looking for stuff. *sigh*

2. I made ketupat for the first time in my life! Wooo! Okay, I didn't really make it. My Mom did most of the work, but I helped stuff the little things and wrap them up to produce weirdly shaped triangles with the tangkai sticking out at the wrong corner. Oh, of course I also had to do the kupas bawang, potong sayur, make kerisik etc... This year though, I had to make most of the preparations (while my mom  just chucked everything in and cooks it) so I did learn the English and Malay names of all the spices and how they looked and smelled. Both my mom and big sis declared that I have been spoilt when it turned out that I didn't know how to clean/cut/prepare certain ingredients. Not my fualt okay! How to know when we only use these things once a year. *sigh*

3. Even since before going off to Australia, only one aunt still gives me duit raya. But the she is Chinese and also gives my mom duit raya. I do not know whether these facts are relevant.

4. For raya, I have met all my aunts and uncles from my mom's side. Plus 2 cousins and their families. On my dad's side of the family: zero.

5. I ate too much on Raya day and had diarrhea for the subsequent two days.

6. I did not lose any weight during Ramadan *fail*

7. Confession: Ramadan this year was hard for me.

2 comments:

  1. yeay update!

    heaed itu apa? wah RS had a raya raya!! more eventful than mine surely. mine was boh ring!

    ReplyDelete