Thursday, December 16, 2010

Commuting woes

Excuse the short one-line (or one paragraph) posts that have been popping up lately. That's me trying to pass some time at work, yet not willing to be caught out as a slacker. Hardy-har-har.

Yesterday, I saw a horror upon a bus. I can't say that I haven't seen it before but I guess it's been so long since such a sight that I was rather taken aback. The bus came 5 minutes later than it usual does, but packed full. Of course when it stopped (and nobody came off) everyone just kinda squeezed and squashed their way inside. Some people even just went in through the back (or more accurately the middle) door. *sigh* Saya tak sanggup. Especially it since it took 10 minutes for the bus to crawl from when I first spotted it, 50m down the road, to when it finally stopped at the bus stop.

Since I had no idea when the next bus would come (and how long the bus journey would take, considering), I called my sister asking if she would pick me up or whether I should just walk home. I figured that either way would be faster than waiting for the next bus. My sister decide to come and rescue me. It took us 1 hour to get back because of the traffic. AN HOUR. This is a route that would take us 10 minutes if there was no congestion. How do people do it every single day? Sit in traffic for hours on end? Howwww?

So, in the spirit of not being squashed worse than a sardine by getting on a bus, I have decided that I may try walking home. Now, a 40 minute walk is rather daunting especially when you know your fitness levels are rather low (try non-existent!). But a 40 minute walk at dusk, carrying a backpack which contains a laptop, walking with the traffic coming behind you, along a main road that transitions into a highway, with no proper pedestrian path, having to cross another major road and another highway during rush hour... It makes me think twice about being a sardine.

Needless to say, my mom is not happy. I am also :(

Plus, I keep thinking it is Friday when it is only Thursday. *sobs*

No comments:

Post a Comment