It's been a while since I've read or written anything that's not related to academia. My last paperback purchase was in 2008. My last blog post was...? I wish I could say that my time was fully occupied with enjoyable things such producing chocolate sunshine or at least with productive things (read: study! extra-curricular! networking! etc.etc.). Unfortunately, I did neither.
I stopped blogging because it became an outlet for all the negative feelings and emotions. That's good and all, but everything was negative that it became a whole cycle of negativeness. Any "happy post" somehow morphed into a post about how much i suck at life. (Geh! Self-criticism!)
The truth is that I found myself in kinda of a stagnant phase in life. Sucks that it's taken up my whole 4 years of uni (Best years of a person's life? Eyh, really?). Not to say that I hate uni life. I like it. I learned a lot. Made friends. Hopefully grew a little wiser. But let's just say that I'm hoping that the future is a little brighter, a little more awesome. And that I grow up a little more.
2010! A year of big changes! Being a student, in many ways, protects you. You're a student. You're there to learn. But once that phase is over the world becomes harshers, expectations and responsibilities heavier. I'm scared. But I'm a little relieved as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment