Prepping for work: Things to consider.
1) Shopping for clothes
While shopping for clothes when there's no pressing need to find items of clothing to fit a certain purpose is fun. You see something you like, you try. There are no hard feelings when you find that there is no chemistry there or that your chosen partner is too "high-end" of too "high-maintenance".
When shopping for clothes while knowing that you can only stop when you have found something suitable, it becomes stressful, almost unbearable. Especially if you have a bodyshape that doesn't go well with most things. Also, bits and pieces of additional fat making things worse. "Maybe you should wear a jacket or else it'll be too distracting." is not really what I'm aiming for. I have nobody that I would like to drive to distraction. At least not yet. But that's a whole other story.
Shopping for clothes, not looking forward to it.
2) Commuting
That area is a traffic nightmare in the mornings and evenings.
Cabs are a hit-and-miss affair. But cabs are expensive especially with the congestion.
It is on a bus route. However, coming in, the bus would logically stop on the opposite side. With a highway and a main road separating the bus stop and office. There is no padestrian crossing that I have been able to discern, and the truth is I have no idea where the bus stops. Nary a bus stop or even those little sign posts with the bus logo on it can be seen. Going back, at least I'll be on the right side of the highway. The bus should come every half hour. Should. But the bus service, while they've certainly improved is still rather unreliable.
Estimated walking time is 40 minutes. Compared to 5m down to the bus stop, 30m (possible) waiting time for the bus, 15 minutes on the bus (assuming light traffic) and 10 minutes from the bus (assuming it stops where I think it does) to my house, maybe walking is a better option. Plus there's that shopping complex that I'd pass on the way back, which is about halfway between the office and home.
Yech. Shopping on Monday, Deciding how to get there and back Tuesday. Today and tomorrow, maximum guling2 time.
No comments:
Post a Comment