Head is so jam packed with things that I feel like I need to install a navigation system to get find where a particular piece of information is stored. Okay, just need to write it out so that I can look at it properly and think straight.
1. 2 weeks ago, I had a discussion with my boss about whether I was planning to stay with Company S once my current contract is up. Yes, I said. So we agreed to extend my contract till the end of February, to cover for the period that I'm bonded to the other company, Mr Sponsor. And starting March, I'll get a brand spanking new contract that would give me a proper job title and higher pay (hooray!)
2. A few days ago, the nice HR lady from Mr Sponsor suddenly contacted me. The gist of it was that if I were to be working for Mr Sponsor it'd be in a job scope that I did not fancy (because it is such a snoozefest). But after deliberating about it over the weekend, I figured that I'd rather be snoozing than working my ass of paying back my debt to Mr Sponsor. So, come Monday, I said yes.
3. So now the nice HR lady (who is based in the parent company) has gone off to do HR things with (presumably) the HR from the subsidiary company and doing all the HR-ey things like issuing an offer letter. Well, at least I hope so. Because the last thing I heard was that my CV has been sent off to wherever/whomever is in charge. Which means, technically nobody has actually said, Let's hire her, yet. So in the absence of a formal offer, I decided to hold off imforming bosses at Company S about me possibly having to jump ship.
4. Which would have worked out fine, except that the bosses have decided that I've been having too much of an easy job so far, and have given me responsibilities that my head can't really comprehend. I mean, no reallly, I'm scared. But enough on that.
5. So now, I feel like I should at least warn my bosses that I might be having to leave. Because their plan is obviously long-term and I jsut don't want to cause problems somewhere down the road. The thing is, I don't know when, where or even IF I will be leaving. So now, should I
A) Keep quiet and wait for an offer letter. All the while, getting involved in a big project which I might have to leave halfway through which might cause a lot of confusion having to transfer responsibilities onto a poor unsuspecting soul.
B) Tell and let bosses decide whether to keep me on the project, and clear everything else on my plate while waiting for that offer letter.
C) Tell and pretend that the offer has been confirmed, resign when my origianl contract ends and hang out at home. (Sorry, could not resist considering this option).
Maybe I'm just scared of all these responsibilities and wanting to find an excuse to run away.... Hmmm... But no time for self-contemplation. Work is a-calling!
1. 2 weeks ago, I had a discussion with my boss about whether I was planning to stay with Company S once my current contract is up. Yes, I said. So we agreed to extend my contract till the end of February, to cover for the period that I'm bonded to the other company, Mr Sponsor. And starting March, I'll get a brand spanking new contract that would give me a proper job title and higher pay (hooray!)
2. A few days ago, the nice HR lady from Mr Sponsor suddenly contacted me. The gist of it was that if I were to be working for Mr Sponsor it'd be in a job scope that I did not fancy (because it is such a snoozefest). But after deliberating about it over the weekend, I figured that I'd rather be snoozing than working my ass of paying back my debt to Mr Sponsor. So, come Monday, I said yes.
3. So now the nice HR lady (who is based in the parent company) has gone off to do HR things with (presumably) the HR from the subsidiary company and doing all the HR-ey things like issuing an offer letter. Well, at least I hope so. Because the last thing I heard was that my CV has been sent off to wherever/whomever is in charge. Which means, technically nobody has actually said, Let's hire her, yet. So in the absence of a formal offer, I decided to hold off imforming bosses at Company S about me possibly having to jump ship.
4. Which would have worked out fine, except that the bosses have decided that I've been having too much of an easy job so far, and have given me responsibilities that my head can't really comprehend. I mean, no reallly, I'm scared. But enough on that.
5. So now, I feel like I should at least warn my bosses that I might be having to leave. Because their plan is obviously long-term and I jsut don't want to cause problems somewhere down the road. The thing is, I don't know when, where or even IF I will be leaving. So now, should I
A) Keep quiet and wait for an offer letter. All the while, getting involved in a big project which I might have to leave halfway through which might cause a lot of confusion having to transfer responsibilities onto a poor unsuspecting soul.
B) Tell and let bosses decide whether to keep me on the project, and clear everything else on my plate while waiting for that offer letter.
C) Tell and pretend that the offer has been confirmed, resign when my origianl contract ends and hang out at home. (Sorry, could not resist considering this option).
Maybe I'm just scared of all these responsibilities and wanting to find an excuse to run away.... Hmmm... But no time for self-contemplation. Work is a-calling!
No comments:
Post a Comment