I meant to write yesterday, but got distracted. I was at the bookshop yesterday, caved in an bought a book despite vowing not to. What could I do, the cover looked so interesting! I am weak to books with intertesting covers. Especially if there's a dragon *swoon* But alas, this particular book did not have a dragon on the cover, or any dragons in the book itself. It had demons instead.The book started of with a bang, I loved the the setting, the intial plot promising and the main character likeable. But then it just tapered off. The action was good and the pacing great. But story-telling and characterisation got weaker as you go along. Disappointing.
Anyway, I went out of the house yesterday (gasp!) for a purpose. I need a new pair of spectacles since mine is scratched, bent and lopsided. The trend now seems to be thick plastic frames in bold colours *sad*. Granted, some people look good in them, but not me. The guy at the shop commented, "Your face is quite small. It's hard when your face is small." Hahahahahaha... So, after choosing the frames, he tested my eyes and we started discussing what type of lenses I wanted. Once upon a time, when I first started wearing glasses there wasn't such an option. You had one type of lens and that's it. Now there seems to be a gazillion different choices. *pening*
Other random things bought yesterday: Chicken poo for my mom. (Which she has wanted for a long time and very happy to have some.)
No comments:
Post a Comment