Friday, November 5, 2010

Unemployment Woes

Dear Online Job Database,

Why is it that all your listing for jobs related to environmental engineering consist of only posts for HSE Officers? Looking at it makes me want to bang my head violent against any available hard surface. Fact is if I don't really hate HSE with a passion, because a HSE job is incapable of arousing any kind of passion in even the most passionate of people. *sigh*

I hate you online job database.
Thanks alot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And so I am wasting awayyyy... Around 6 months to a year ago, my plans for this period of my life would be either a) traveling in Europe or b) resting at home after travelling Europe. That didn't pan out very well now did it? Now even though I'm living at home with both food and lodging being essentially free, I am running out of my allocated pre-employment money (fivehundredbucksonnewglasses!). Ahhhhhhhh... Not to mention my brain is rotting into nothingness.

My mom thinks I am too picky. She is right. I don't want to do this. Or that. I'm not suitable for this. That's too far away. And yaddayaddayadda. Really, if I sit down and think (I mean really really honest to heart and soul think about it), it's not the job opportunities that are lacking, it's the fact that I am limiting myself (and also that I am a freaking coward about going out of my comfort zone (and also because I am a lazy ass)).

Gehhhhhh...

No comments:

Post a Comment